04/01/2010

three for three


one: gwen bell is such a smart lady. without a doubt, she's my newest blog crush. her prompts for 2010 encourage mindfulness, focusing on the notion that what we give our attention to is what we become. that being said, i've been marinating in some goals for 2010 for the past few weeks. things that i really need to get moving on. things that will make me a better me. things that will make this a better blog.

and dont get me wrong, this isn't a new years thing per se. it just happens to be something that's been brewing deep in my soul for the past while, and that i only had the time to really think about while i had the time away from work. a re-prioritizing. a shift. it's well needed, and most welcome.

check out her mindfulness prompts here.

two: on a very similar note, i love kal barteski's concept of choosing a word to signify where you want 2010 to go. rebuild, soothe, and (of course), go. rock on, kal. i'm going to think on some words for me, too. i suspect they're going to be very similar in theme.

three: in the spirit of rebuilding, re-prioritizing and becoming better, i've decided that i'm going to invest in myself and take an online class with mondo beyondo. i need to be less busy and pay better attention to where i'm headed. i need to start dreaming for myself for a change, and then making some bold moves and big plans.


what are your plans for 2010?
Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe (sort of, gwen says)


4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh man, there's so much here to sink my teeth into! I agree with all three of these wondrous things--I especially love how you put it "brewing deep in my soul." I think I need some more journal time to sort through my own goals and directions for this new year!

Boracay beach resort said...

No plans yet for 2010… Come what may! Wish you the best of luck this year.

House plans said...

Hmmm! I want this year to be for my life to be organized. And do things I wouldn’t dare to do.

Bri said...

Hooray! I find this post to be very inspiring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails