i recognize that it's been a ridiculously long time. oh, hello again.
big changes here. so many big ones i don't even know where to begin. i'll just have to get to them as i get to them. that seems to be my motto lately ... one step at a time. baby steps, even.
some things i didn't realize before i began this whole whacked-out process..
- that i really had no clue what i was in for
- that's sometimes the challenge about making big sweeping changes to everything
- that life without cable is an entirely different animal when you're living by yourself
- that being said, i really love coming home from work and making a big ole plate of sweet potato fries with a side of chipotle aioli and watching glee. i'll have sour jujubes for dessert too.
- while taking (completely unintentional) time away from the blogworld to work on getting myself grounded again has been pretty ok, i miss it.
- at times, blogging helped me keep mindful
- at others, i felt so, so terribly inauthentic.
- i'm not going to be inauthentic anymore
- that's not to say this is going to become a tell-all blog, so y'all can breathe easy
- i'm re-reading my post from the beginning of the year and i feel like a totally different person
- no, seriously, i do. that's a good thing.
- particularly that whole 'what we give our attention to is what we become' shebang. how wise is that gwen bell?!
- sometimes i get so wrapped up in the anxiety of the moment that i forget to be mindful. and why i'm doing and sometimes i panic and forget to breathe
- and sometimes i just need to remind myself, this will all be ok someday
- i said today that i wish it was three months from now.
- i take that back
- i'm glad i have today. today is where i learn. today is who i am. today is what i make of it.
- and that's when i put one foot in front of the other, and take another baby step forward.