- painted my nails
- did some more work on my naked slipper chair. i lubricated the springs so that they weren't squeaky anymore, stapled on the foam and batting, and now all that's left to do is to put the on the fabric. once it's all done, i'll post a slew of photos along with a complete how-to. (please keep in mind that i don't claim to be the alpha and omega of furniture upholstery; i just happened upon a sweet lil chair that i couldn't let pass me by without trying my hand at a new project.)
- lent a hand doing some demolition work in my sisters bedroom, where she's installing some sweet sweet laminate floors. it's just the perfect colour that suits her 'signature' colours - i can see her finishing off her room with creamy whites, dusty pinks and chocolate browns. my specific job was to rip up the wood-and-nails combo that goes along the perimeter of the room to keep the carpet down (or something). after that, i swept up some dust and the boys took over the actual laying of the floors. great job, boys. (before and after pictures to come once the room's re-assembled!)
- received some sweet lil cinnamon bears from marta. they're every bit as delicious as she promised they'd be, and helped sustain our lil construction team throughout the course of the weekend!
- learned how to curl my hair with my flatiron.
- shopping with my sister - got a sweet lil black jacket from h&m. very pleased. goes well with the above-mentioned painted nails.
blink and it's gone
things i did this weekend: