good morning tuesday! i made this over the weekend, and it's quite possibly the most ridiculously fantastic and easy recipe i've ever encountered. ever. (drumroll, please)
chicken and broccoli and carrot and cauliflower and zucchini divan. (deeee-lish!)
half a zucchini
1/2 cup cauliflower
1/2 cup broccoli
1 large carrot, sliced and quartered
three chicken breasts, cubed
1 can of low-fat cream of broccoli soup
1/3 cup milk (i use skim)
low-fat cheddar cheese to taste
whole wheat bread crumbs to taste
as is generally the case with my recipes, i use whatever vegetables i feel like tossing in. this time round ( in case you couldn't tell by the name), i used cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and zucchini. i also don't really use any specific amounts - so please don't quote me on the measurements above. i just take a bunch and chop it up - i figure if i don't use it all at once, i'll put it in the fridge and use it in my thai chicken wraps, once i add some red peppers.
anyhow - for this particular ditty;
1. preheat the oven to 425F (i always forget this step and then end up having to wait for the oven to heat while i've got the dish waiting impatiently on the counter.)
2. chop up all of the veggies and sautee them in a pan.
3. ditto the chicken.
4. put both chicken and veggies into a 2-quart casserole dish.
5. in a separate bowl, stir together the entire can of broccoli soup with 1/3 cup milk.
6. pour over the veggies and chicken.
7. sprinkle some cheddar cheese and bread crumbs over the top. the bread crumbs are my favourite part.
8. bake it, uncovered, for 20-25 mins until the cheese is bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden-brown.
makes about 4 servings.