22/10/2009

resolution, find, thought


resolution: i was telling mike the other day that i'm going to stop saying how busy i am all the time - it's become a standard response, i think, for so many people, and it loses it's meaning after a while.

(plus, everyone's busy. what makes me think that my busy-ness warrants more attention than anyone else's?)

great find: i've been listening to accuradio at work to keep things relatively mellow - it's an internet radio station i came across a few years ago that doesn't play as many commercials as regular radio, and lets me choose what genre of music i want to listen to.
(sidenote: now, i know that people in the states have access to pandora, but we canadians are restricted from it because of our copyright laws (says the message that pops on on pandora.com when you visit it from a canadian IP address). awesome.

a thought: i've been thinking it's been a while since i did an artist or blog feature ... are you interested? email me!

image by simply hue

5 comments:

Erica said...

Hmmm... good point... I talk about being busy too much I think.

I would love to be featured :)

-erica

(www.acrylicandsteel.blogspot.com)
(www.acrylicandsteel.etsy.com)

Unknown said...

I love that photo!

I often say "I'm busy" too... But I use it to get out of things. I'm bad, I know. I'm also really selfish and refuse to apologize for wanting to spend time alone with my man.... Oh, that is so bad.... But I love my life the way it is!

It's a good resolution! Maybe I should make one that isn't a lie, but instead say "I don't want to so I'm going to stay home and do nothing". Is that too honest?

I'll stop now. Lovely blog, too!

Dionne said...

Yes, the Busy Bug has bitten me, too. It's easy to get caught up in it, and I always forget that I am not the only one in the world who is busy.

Love this radio picture!

Amanda Nicole said...

Oh, thanks for the tip!

Sarah said...

hmmmm, before I finished reading your post I was going to suggest Pandora. Bummer. I haven't researched XM radio. Maybe a possibility?

Hey, thanks for stopping by my brand new blog!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails