06/05/2009

dresses to the max(i)

ever have one of those days where you have a brilliant idea for a blog post but when you're reading through blogs first thing in the morning, someone else has taken the words right out of your mouth?

yeah. that's me today. it's not entirely surprising though, because emily always has great taste and fantastic style and knows lil tips and tricks to make things work that other people may not even consider. i dare you to not love her finds. and not get addicted to her blog. (yeah, it's a whole boatload of awesome.)

although i thought they looked somewhat silly at first (read: i couldn't pull them off and thus held a grudge), maxi dresses are starting to grow on me. i see them more and more and can't help but wonder if i was too hasty with my original judgement?

i have a daydream of wearing one at my cottage... lounging around on a hammock in the sun, reading a good book with my oh-so-stylin sandals kicked off into the grass.

yeah. maybe i'll give them a second chance after all.

be sure to have a look at emily's original post about them over at cupcakes and cashmere!

other links i'm lovin today:
what blogs and links are you loving today? now that i'm moderately caught up on my blog reads, it's time to add some new ones to my list!

14 comments:

summer said...

i am so with you on this! i may have been a little harsh on these dresses at first, but i think they are starting to grow on me! maybe that grey one, in particular.

ps. thank you so very much for linking me up with that three beautiful things spot- and for your sweet comment about my list!

pps. i too, am wishing i lived a whole lot closer to utah right now. that photoshoot would be so fun!

Julia said...

Emily has fabulous taste :) And those dresses look so whispy and whimsical! You're one of my first blog reads this morning, so I now know where to go for further inspiration thanks to your link love!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

so glad you liked my post and i'll definitely have to check out these other links you've provided! xo

Anna K. said...

I just love your blog! So interesting! Def. going to follow you!

Where did you find such a neat Twitter button?

http://stunningannak.blogspot.com/

GiDu said...

I love maxi dresses, too. Oh my goodness, I wish I was wearing one right now. They are so lovely and comfy...

LillyShayStyle said...

I love these dresses. I started liking them during my last pregnancy because they're so comfotable and flowy (is that a wor? lol) Though mine were shorter.
I may get some for this summer..

cabin + cub said...

these dresses so cute. hard to find the right one when your short like me though.

Anna K. said...

Thanks so much for the tip! Off to attempt that now.

The best things are the things we make ourselves!

Rachel said...

No maxi dresses for me, sadly. I always have this odd feeling that I'm wearing those terrible full length nightgowns my mom bought me when I was little and my legs would get all tangled up in them and then I would trip. Maybe slightly unfair to the dresses, but I just can't do it.

picciolo said...

I love your choices, especially the purple one the colour is just wonderful
: )

Blair Friedeman said...

Thank you for the link love!:) I look forward to checking out some of the others!

That happens to me all the time--I was actually working on a maxi dress post myself. I always think it is great to have a second, third or even forth perspective!

Julia said...

PS. I just tagged you darling!

XOXO

Unknown said...

I think those Maxi dresses are so cute on other people, but whenever I put one on I feel like I'm wearing a nightgown out in public! They're all just gorgeous.... -e

A "cheery" disposition said...

Love all those dresses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails